The first missionary religious congregation for women in the history of the Church and the world is the Institute of the Franciscan Missionaries of Mary founded in 1877 by BL. Mary of the Passion, now in the 139th year of its course.

Franciscan in its essence.
Missionary in its services
Mary - like in its approach.

» Dedicated to universal mission

» Seek strength from the Eucharist

» And offer ourselves in challenging services

Life Shared

ROSARY BULBULS' ANNUAL CAMP - 2015

The Bulbul section of the Rosary Guide Company went for the annual Guide Camp to Stella Maris College Extension Project Centre, Thirupachur village, Thiruvallur district, on the 6th and 7th of February 2015. The children were happy to see the rural scene and lovely farm. They were accommodated in the spacious hall where the sessions and cultural activities for camp fire were conducted. The games and outdoor activities were conducted on the ground outside. The flag was hoisted in the beautiful garden with the backdrop of glorious sunrise. Our Principal Sr. Mary Zachariah hoisted the flag and addressed the children

 

Sr. Mercy Varkey, the Co-ordinator took care of the children very well with delicious food, tasty snacks and health drinks. Sr. Mercy also accompanied the Guides for a nature walk through the paddy fields, mango grove, lemon orchards and vegetable gardens. She enlightened the children of the plants grown on the farm, as the children were curious to know of the various types of vegetables they saw in the farm.

It was a pleasant change for the city children to stay at this lovely place, absolutely far from noise and air pollution. This was the first time some of the students had seen the sunrise by the paddy fields and heard the chirping of birds early in the morning and they were so thrilled! After thanking the Sisters and helpers we left on 7th evening with happy memories of a pleasant stay.